Additional Pages

Friday, January 13, 2012

A Book Worth Reading

I want to tell you about a book I'm reading. It's "The Handmade Marketplace" by Kari Chapin. I downloaded my copy from Amazon to my Kindle. I believe the price was $9.99. It is also available  in paperback form.

This is a great how to book for crafters interested in selling their crafts. The book is divided into three parts:
Part One is "Getting to know yourself and Your Business", Part Two is "Setting the Scene for Success", and Part Three is "Getting Down to Selling".

My Sis and I are discussing the craft fair scene. Selling at a craft fair is something new to us, so I'm really enjoying the information in this section.

I've decided that so far I'm doing a lot of things right. For example I have a web presence, business cards, and I participate in several online communities related to crochet where I can network, and build relationships.  But, I still have a lot to learn.

This is a great little book, and  if you are interested in selling your craft items, I recommend it. 
Amazon Marketplace

No comments:

Post a Comment