Additional Pages

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Craft Yarn Council

I'm so excited. Recently I enrolled in the Craft Yarn Council's certified teaching program. The materials arrived yesterday, and I can't wait to get started.

The goal, according to the Craft Yarn Council, is to "strengthen your technique skills and to provide you with the necessary teaching skills to instruct others in crocheting in a variety of environments including retail stores."

There are three levels of certification. Level I consists of lessons 1 - 4 and documenting 15 hours of volunteer student teaching.  Level II consists of lesson 5 - 10 and an additional 15 hours of volunteer student teaching. Level III (the professional) level consists of the successful completion of levels I and II and an additional 20 hours of volunteer student teaching.

I have already talked to my friend Teresa at Mercy Medical Hospital in Sioux City, IA and will most likely complete my volunteer training there.  My daughter in law, is also the recipient of my student teaching.

Stay tuned for more about my adventures with this program

No comments:

Post a Comment