Additional Pages

Friday, May 27, 2011

Class Pictures



These pictures were taken during our fourth lesson together. Our first finished projects were eyeglass classes using single crochet stitches. Ladies made the cases to fit cell phones, scissors, and large sunglasses.  What a great sense of accomplishment to be able to finish something. I think it is much more important for beginners to have success with a small project, than to start a large project and get overwhelmed.

The second project was a dish cloth using double crochet, chains, and single crochet around the edges. The ladies had fun, and one even embellished the edge with picot stitches. What a fun and creative group of women.




My Class has decided that they would like to continue the lessons through June which is fine with me. An additional eight hours will be more than I need to satisfy the Craft Yarn Council of America (CYCA )requirements for volunteer teaching and Level I certification which they call  "Instructor" level.  I have already completed the first four lessons and have passed review, 15 hours of volunteer teaching will complete Level I requirements.  I am looking forward to receiving my Instructor Certificate and Pin.

Next week I will be showing the class how to increase and decrease stitches. If time allows we will also introduce working in the round.

 In June, we may pick up a couple more beginner students. Stay tuned for further updates.


No comments:

Post a Comment