Additional Pages

Monday, November 5, 2012

Pattern Review


My niece Valarie is expecting her first baby in January of 2013. It is a boy.
I saw a bunting set in the December 2012 issue of Crochet World and knew I had to make it for Val. The pattern is Cuddle Bug Bunting Set. The designer is Dianne Gochenour.

The original pattern calls for 1 skein of Lion Brand Pound of Love medium weight yarn. I used 3 skeins of Lion Brand - Vanna's Choice - Baby, colorway Little Boy Blue to complete my project. I had enough for the bunting, and the hat and had a little bit of yarn left over.
The pattern stitch is a simple 3 double crochet shell repeat which is very easy to work, and I love the finished object. The entire project was completed in just a couple evenings. I will be presenting the set to Val as a baby shower gift the end of November.
If you like this design and decide to make it yourself, there is an error in the pattern: Rnd 6 should read Ch 1, sc in same st as joining, sk next st, shell in next st, [sk next st, sc in next st, sk next st shell in next st] around.  The "[" is in the wrong place.

Note the same error is repeated in the hat in rnd. 4
Here is my doll baby modeling the bunting and the hat which is sized for newborn to three months.

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment