Additional Pages

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Crochet Handy App

Interweave has launched a new app called "Crochet Handy" for the iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad. The app cost .99 and is available through the App Store on your device or at iTunes.

The purpose of this great little app is to help crocheters determine how much yarn they need for projects.


The Crochet Handy  app provides yardage requirements for basic caps, scarves, bags, afghans, ponchos, baby sweaters, skirts, and tops. Both apps show all sizes ranging from baby or toddler to large adult, using five standard yarn weights—from fingering to bulky.

 All it takes is three easy steps:
  1. Select the measurement units in imperial (inches and yards) or in metric (centimeters and meters);
  2. Select a project type, then choose gauge (ranging from 3 to 9 stitches per inch) and size;
  3. The yarn amount is calculated.
Yarnies will want these apps any time they are working with their yarn, whether buying online at a craft or yarn shop, or researching projects for their yarn stash at home.

The above information was retrieved from Pitch Engine

I have downloaded the app and I'm ready to give it a try.   Many times I have been at a craft store, and have seen yarn on sale, but alas no particular project in mind, so my rule of thumb is to buy at least four skeins.  With Crochet Handy I will have a quick reference guide with me as I'm out there hitting the yarn sales and building my stash with purpose. My husband will be so proud of me!

No comments:

Post a Comment