Additional Pages

Monday, November 21, 2011

Baptismal Gown

My sis sent me this picture. She found this baptismal gown and cap in her cedar chest.  WOW.. This is the gown and cap that I made for my niece Amy way back in 1977.  As you can see, I entered the set in our local county fair and both won blue ribbons. I gave the gown, cap and ribbons to my sister for her baby girl.

Sadly, I don't think my niece ever wore the gown or hat. It ended up in the cedar chest to be saved as a family heirloom.  Amy, the baby I crochet this little outfit for is now 35 years old. Oh my goodness, does that make me feel old.

I don't remember the origin of this pattern, but I know I no longer have it.  I love this pattern and if I ever come across it again you can be sure I'll be adding it to my pattern archive.

No comments:

Post a Comment