Additional Pages

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Yoga Socks

My sister is a yoga enthusiast. Recently she gave me a pattern for yoga socks. The socks were made using Lion Brand Cotton Ease. I made the socks but wasn't completely satisfied with how they turned out.
Here is a picture.

This was enough inspiration, however,  for me to try my hand at designing yoga socks.  I purchased some Paton's Kroy sock yarn, measured my foot with a piece of yarn and started crocheting. Here is a picture of my first attempt with my own design.  It is worked in the round without joining.

My first attempt at my own design













I wasn't completely satisfied, and decided to try another pair this time, joining and turning the rounds, and I actually made a swatch to get a better count on the number of stitches per inch and rows per inch. The sock yarn this time is  Deborah Norville Serenity Sock Weight Yarn.  I shortened the distance a bit on the foot so that more of the ball of the foot is exposed to the floor.  I like the results, but I don't like that I can see the joins. Here is a picture, although you probably cannot see the joins.


My second attempt at my own design

I have more sock yarn, and I'm ready for a third attempt. I've decided to go with  a single crochet in the round without joining.  Stay tuned for a picture of the final sock design.





2 comments:

  1. I love the progression of the design idea. I cannot wait to see your next version :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cris.. It is a journey. I hope to have the final socks down soon.

    ReplyDelete