Additional Pages

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Sweetheart Shawl

This Sweetheart Shawl is just off the knitting needles so I thought I'd share a picture with you. I found the pattern on the Lion Brand Web Site. The pattern number is L0373B.

The skill level is easy and makes a very nice lacey design.  The best part is that it only takes two skeins of Vanna's Glamour yarn which is available  at your local Michaels or Hobby Lobby Craft Store.

You will also need a size 5 circular knitting needles at least 29 inches, stitch markers, and a size F crochet hook.

The bind off is rather interesting and requires the  crochet hook, but even a beginner knitter can figure it out by simply following the instructions provided in the pattern.

This shawl needs blocking and will block to about 14 inches by 48 inches.  Even after wet blocking, the bound off edges of the shawl curled, so I crocheted an additional picot edging around the already bound off edge, and wet blocked again. This took care of the curling problem and I like the results even better than the original.

I have two more skeins of this yarn in my stash and I'm seriously thinking about making this shawl again.



 

2 comments:

  1. 3
    Thanks for bringing this to my attention.
    When I try to respond to you on revelry regarding scarf pattern, I had it written correctly, but when I hit post,
    The asterisks are removed, making no sense what so ever. I have no idea why. row 2 should be K2 *P1 K3, repeat from * to end.

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete